GoodSync is an application that can help you backup and synchronize files. When dealing with multiple folders and subfolders, it is important to use dedicated tools for accomplishing various actions in batch mode.
The GUI is not very intuitive, and it may take some time to get an idea of how this program functions, especially if you are a beginner. Basically, the main window is divided into two parts, each dealing with the specified locations.
Once you run the program, you are welcomed to provide a name for the current project, and to select one of the two options available, as you may opt for a backup or a synchronization session. The first one allows users to modify files only in the output directory, and includes hidden and system files by default, while the second mode enables you to change the files on both sides, and excludes files with the aforementioned attributes by default.
It is possible to apply some filters to the synchronization process, as you can exclude or include different items from the list. The log window lists all the events and possible errors about your sessions, and you may export or import the current or all the created projects. Moreover, it keeps log files for both the left and right actions, and this proves to be pretty useful especially if you want to see the changes made to your documents.
Furthermore, before proceeding with the synchronization or backup process, you can enable the analyzing mode, which gives you details about all future changes, errors, included and excluded items.
Not only does this tool allow users to backup and synchronize files from their computer, but it is also possible to carry out the same tasks from a remote workstation via FTP or SFTP, or any two folders located on GoodSync Connect, Windows Shares, WebDAV, Amazon S3, Google Drive, Windows Azure, Amazon Cloud Drive, SkyDrive or WinMobile.
All in all, GoodSync can give you a hand when it comes to synchronizing and backing up files and folders. The program manages to finish a task in reasonable time, and no errors showed up during our testing.
Changes in 9.9.24:
- Licensing: switch to new scheme similar to RoboForm, more secure.
- Licensing: add version 10 licenses and their processing in GS.
- Activation: add option to Reset All Activations, to release license held by old computers.
- On File Change: show all changes, sum them up only in Increment Analyze, not before.
- On File Change: remove Analyze Only option, Analyze must be followed by Sync.
- On File Change: fix missing changes with short 1 or 2 char names.
- On File Change: increase max number of changes before overflow to 10,000.
- Clean of History and Recycled files: fixed several small issues.
- Log Viewer: show logs when No GsData option is specified.
- SkyDrive: fix processing of special characters at the end of folder names.
- GS Connect Mediator: new GoodSync Connect Account Management system.
- GS Connect Mediator: convert to using SQL database, improve speed.
- GS Connect Setup: allow empty Windows password, for non-password auth
DOWNLOAD KEY MAKER