Windows Installer is becoming the "de facto" software installation technology on Windows. Being preinstalled on the latest Microsoft operating systems, and also bundled with the most popular productivity packages (Office, etc.) this software installer provides a significant number of power features that improve application management and administration.
This power doesn't come without pitfalls, and the most important of them all is the complexity. Creating an MSI file requires careful planning and editing of dozens of database tables.
Hundreds of pages of documentation must be read, countless lists of rules must be followed. Building a Windows Installer package may take days or even weeks. This is where a MSI creation tool comes to help.
- Advanced Installer makes MSI creation a snap
- Advanced Installer integrates in automated build tools
- Install and register the resources composing your application
- Search, download and install Prerequisites
- Organize your application in modules and components
- Secure and choose your package's presentations
- Extend the installation process with Custom Actions
- Customize the installation User Interface
New features in this release
- Advanced Installer extension for Visual Studio 2015
- TeamCity build system plugin
- Installer Analytics new report types: Prerequisites, Weekly/Monthly and Geographic
- Predefined launch condition for "SQL Server Express 2014"
- Predefined launch condition for "DirectX 12"
- Optionally remove empty XML files on uninstall
- Ability to execute XML update operations as the LogonUser (impersonation)
- Conditionally create/update XML nodes
- Ability to edit Data Binding columns from an SQL query
- Updater support for alternative download URL
- Automatically close Updater process when user cancels the update installation from elevation dialog
- Preventing CMD character escaping rules from applying to "PowerShell script" custom action parameters
- "Send install information to your web server" custom action can be added with sequence
- Setup hanged on silent install when non-existing user was used for ACL permissions
- Allow specifying command line for LocalServer COMs
- ComExtractor didn't register EXE files correctly
- IIS websites/virtual directories were removed when installing MSI Patches
- Language selection dialog was broken when used together with CAB per Feature and Merge Modules
- Correctly import Services startup type when processing Repackager data
- Fixed “Property” field text limit from the control event editor dialog box
Release Date: 2015-06-10
Installer (56.09 MB):